Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

How To: Delete Labels From Blogger

Labeling your posts is a great way to help direct traffic. It makes is so much easier on the reader to find information, and thus they are more likely to stick around and check stuff out. But, if you're anything like me then you have about 100 labels to choose from and you randomly decide to make more or change things up, etc… So, today I'll show you how to delete those labels that you don't actually use or need any more.

Step 1:  Select Posts From Dashboard
Go to your dashboard and select "Posts"

Step 2:  Select Label From Dropdown
At the top right side of your screen you should see a little box that says "All Labels" with a little drop down arrow. Select that, and then choose which label you'd like to work with.

Step 3: Select Post
Your "Posts" should now have changed to include on the ones that have that label you selected. I chose to edit my "Cheat Codes Or Hints" label. Now, I only want to change the one post so I selected it, but you can select several or even ALL of them. If you select ALL then that entire label category will be deleted.

 Step 4: Delete Label
At the top of the screen you'll see a little button with a "Tag" icon. Select that and then highlight and click on the label you want to delete (i.e.: Cheat Codes Or Hints).

Step 5: Confirm
A confirmation will appear at the top of your screen telling you that it has been deleted.
 
 
 Note: I don't know why, but on my computer when I do this, I can only work with one label at a time. After I've finished editing that label, I have to "View Blog" and then go back into my Dashboard and start again. When I try to edit a second label I usually end up adding the label instead of deleting it. So if that happens just restart on Step 1, and that should take care of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment